DATING ABUSE/ VIOLENCE
Dating Violence includes physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. If you or a friend has been a victim of dating violence get help by calling a helpline.
Asha Family Services Crisis Phone | 414-875-1511
Milwaukee Women’s Center | 414-671-6140
Sojourner Family Peace Center 24 hour phone | 414-933-2722
National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline | 1-866-331-9474
What does Dating violence look like?
Remember that dating abuse can be emotional abuse too. Emotional abuse can hurt just as much as much as hitting, kicking, or sexually hurting someone.
Does your partner,
- Look at you or act in ways that scares you?
- Act jealous or possessive?
- Put you down or criticize you?
- Try to control where you go, what you wear or what you do?
- Text or IM you excessively?
- Blame you for the hurtful things they say and do?
- Threaten to kill or hurt you or themselves if you leave them?
- Try to stop you from seeing or talking to friends and family?
- Try to force you to have sex before you’re ready?
- Do they hit, slap, push or kick you?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions your relationship may not be a healthy one. For help you can call any of the numbers listed at the top of the page or go to the National Teen Dating Abuse website below.